Saturday, April 16, 2011

Poetry


These are a few poems I wrote and that I want to share.

This was written about the emotions I feel every time I give a flower or a gift to a girl.

--The Rose--

By Herrick Erickson-Brigl


Green shaft neutral and fane
Darling petals soft and fond
Devils dance on sharp of point

Dreams teeter on hellish tips
Hopes rest on petaled lips

Wishes ride on fears unwritten
A thought and reverie yet unspoken

Can a man give to a woman
Piece of mind through gifted emotion
  ---------------------------------------


This kind of came out of nowhere, but I hope it works.
 
--Unbeakable--

By Herrick Erickson-Brigl

Heart and shatter woven in flame
Passions burn with the forgotten and insane
Fear of life brings joy and sorrow

Known to all, but bound by nothing
Grow to be, what cannot be seen

Know your place, not in the steps of others
But, walking forward, into the light
Broken beaten bloody and tears.

Standing there yet unbeaten
Holding your fear of victory
You are unbreakable
 ---------------------------------------


This was written about a girl I knew a while back.

--Nocturnia--

By Herrick Erickson-Brigl

Ne’er below the surface these things I write
Lovely cupid, red hair in flight
You wake me in the dark
Restless thoughts and lack of sleep
Regret the past my actions deemed
Now you stand just beyond sight
I question what my actions bring.
Can you care for what I feel
Who I am and what I will
 ---------------------------------------


This is one of those poems that is so personal I am hesitant to put it out.  But, I am because I want to share a piece of myself.  It was written when I was in a pretty dark place and I have moved well past it now.

--Drone--

By Herrick Erickson-Brigl

I am so scared and angry, this life I live
Pushed and pressed, I am not this man
This drone is so empty.
No emotion can be found in this prison cell
Break away and be more than expectation
Make something more, to expel emotion
That is what they say
Compelling reasons that hold no sway
I hurt and wonder why I stay
But all I feel is my mind breaking
Is this my dream?  Hurting for just another breath?
Hurt my friends?  Hurt my family?  Hurt my dream?
Why am I here?  Why am I here?  Why am I here?
I feel so ugly inside, 
  ---------------------------------------


 This one was just fun!  I like writing imagery.  

--The evil things—

By Herrick Erickson-Brigl

There are dark things
Far more than just a thought

They jump and skitter
Left and right
You will not like
Their evil might

They will take and plunder
They will rape and murder

Nothing will be left
Of your fallen brethren
  ---------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment